Resources & Links
- ASIC (Australian Securities & Investments Commission) – is an independent Australian government body that acts as Australia’s corporate regulator. ASIC’s role is to enforce and regulate company and financial services laws to protect Australian consumers, investors and creditors.
- ATO (Australian Tax Office) – an Australian government statutory agency and the principal revenue collection body for the Australian government. The ATO has responsibility for administering the Australian federal taxation system, superannuation legislation, and other associated matters.
- ABR (Australian Business Register) – The ABR stores details about businesses and organisations when they register for an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Revenue NSW (formerly the Office of State Revenue) – Revenue NSW is an administrative division of the Government of New South Wales that has responsibility for collecting New South Wales taxes.
- CA ANZ (Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand) – CA ANZ is a professional body of over 120,000 Chartered Accountants around the world. They focus on the education and lifelong learning of its members, and on advocacy and thought leadership in areas of public interest and business.
A Chartered Accountant holds Australia’s most prized professional designation, which they have attained through the rigorous and internationally recognised Chartered Accountants program. Chartered Accountants are required to meet the high academic, professional, and ethical standards for membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia – the most-respected national professional accountancy body.
Business, regulators, and members of the general public highly regard Chartered Accountants who bring their analytic expertise to fields as diverse as strategic planning, market analysis, compliance, change management and the use of information technology.
As the highest qualification in the profession, the Institute is the only Australian professional accounting body that is a government accredited Higher Education provider. Chartered Accountants audit 100 per cent of the Top ASX-listed companies in Australia.
Australian Chartered Accountants are recognised by the international accounting bodies of the leading financial centres of the world, with members of the Institute also part of the international accounting coalition of the world’s premier accounting bodies, the GAA.